Description of the BD Insyte Autoguard Shielded IV Catheter 16 G x 1.16 in. (Gray), 50/bx
With the push of a button, the needle instantly retracts reducing the risk of accidental needlestick injuries.
BD Vialon™, a unique proprietary biomaterial, has been proven to enhance clinical and economic outcomes.
• Increases the ease of penetration
• Reduces the risks of infiltration
• Exhibits greater kink resistance
• Reduces the risks of phlebitis up to 50%
• Reduces IV restarts due to reduced complications
• Increases indwelling time
• Reduces the total IV therapy costs to use due to longer indwelling times
A study showed that one hospital reduced its needlestick injuries by 95% by switching to BD Autoguard™ needle shielding technology.