Designed for really messy trauma calls, or those situations when equipment retrieval is difficult, the Hartwell Medical FASPLINT® provides optimum immobilization at a very affordable price.
This semi-disposable vacuum splint provides secure immobilization without circumferential pressure, eliminating the potential for tissue, vessel, and nerve damage. Unlike air and board splints, the FASPLINT molds to the contours of the patient’s injury, using vacuum technology just like the EVAC-U-SPLINT® Extremity Splints, so even difficult fractures and dislocations can be stabilized easily and quickly with a level of comfort that is unmatched by any other splinting technology. Simply grab your vacuum splint, place it around the injured area, evacuate the air, and you're done!
- Molds to exact shape of injury site without applying circumferential pressure
- Reduces nerve, tissue and vessel damage
- Can be evacuated using the same EVAC-U-SPLINT manual pump with a tapered adapter tip or a portable suction unit
- If a FASPLINT is lost, flies away on a helicopter, or is too soiled to be used again, the replacement cost is minimal
- Can be used for leg fractures, dislocated shoulders, knee injuries, wrist fractures, infant and pediatric immobilization, hip support, padding under the knees, temporary cervical support, and much more
- FASPLINT stands for:
- Fast application reduces on-scene time
- Ability to conform to each patient
- Stabilizes injury without unnecessary pressure
- Pliable material performs in cold weather
- Low cost makes it disposable when necessary
- Instructional pictograms for each use
- Non-magnetic valve is x-ray and MRI compatible
- Tapered anatomical design in 3 popular sizes